Australian Christian Church Histories

bw01.jpg bw02.jpg bw03.jpgbw04.jpg

Click on the picture to show a larger one.
Axedale VIC - Anglican

20752

State: Victoria
Denomination:

Anglican

Address:

Drake St Axedale

GPS: -36.789540, 144.502522

 

History and Architanure:

The dedication service for the church was held on the afternoon of 22 March 1914 by Reverend C.P. Brown. The evening service was conducted by the Reverend Canon Watson. The Foundation stone was laid by the Lord Bishop of the diocese in June. The design of the church was by Mr John Beebe the architect. The bluestone was taken from the local quarry.

The church was closed around 2015 with the local community investigating ways of using the facility for community activities.

Organ:

No current informatiion available.

Clergy*:

Explanations

1916 - Rev J.L. Rodgers
   
   

* The list may not contain all serving Clergy.

 

Contributions:  
Extracts:  






 

Axedale VIC - Anglican
IMAGE

2017