Aldgate, SA - Church of the Ascension Anglican
Year Built: 1892
Address: 4 Arkaba Road, Aldgate, South Australia, 5154
Architect: Dean W Berry
Traditional Owners: Peramangk & Kaurna people
Last Updated: 22/07/2022
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone of the church was laid on October 22 1892. The Church is a simple stone and brick building 20 feet x 30 feet. An extension of just over 3 meters was made at the eastern end, and a porch and vestry were added in 1961. The Architect for this was Dean W. Berry and the builder was H.J. Were.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1897 - 1900||Rev Percy William Wise||1870||1950|
|1900 - 1901||Rev Francis Herbert Stokes||1854||1929|
|1926 - 1956||Rev Henry Edward Inger||1882||1963|
|1956 - 1966||Rev Colin Carew Chittleborough||1901||2001|
|2010 -||Rev Peter Balabanski|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Church website. http://www.stirlinganglican.org.au/wp/our-churches/aldgate/
2. Cable Clerical Index