Anandal, NSW - St Aidan's Anglican (10294)
History and Architecture:
A commitment on 2 October 1891 was made to purchase as block of land at the corner of Booth and Johnston Streets for a price of £9 per square foot. A quote was accepted from Archibald Graham. The Foundation stone was to be laid 18 June 1892 however this was delayed due to building delays and a mistake by the builder who said he made a mistake with the quote.
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 July 1892 by the then Primate of Australia and Archbishop of Sydney William Saumarez Smith.
To complete the building the Architect Mr Ellis presented a plan for a chancel and vestry on 30 October 1893 which would divided by folding doors that could permit either two classes to be held at the one time or opened for larger meetings.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
|1892 -||Rev Thomas Holme|
|1892 - 1893||Rev Harry Izod Richards|
|1893 - 1909||Rev Frederick William Reeve|
|1893 -||Rev James Macarthur||Asst|
|1898 -||Rev Reginald Smeed||Asst|
|1899 -||Rev Joshua Hargraves||Asst|
|1909 - 1932||Canon Robert Rook|
|1932 - 1934||Rev Harry Norman Powys|
|1934 - 1935||Rev Joseph Price Owen|
|1935 - 1937||Rev Clifton Plessay Brown|
|1937 - 1953||Rev James Frereick Gordon Olds|
|1953 - 1958||Rev Ronald Patfield|
|1958 - 1970||Rev Robert William West Hemming|
|1970 - 1978||Rev James Alexander Sanders|
|1978 - 1985||Rev Denis Kirkaldy|
|1985 - 1989||Rev Graham Bruce McKay|
|1990 - 1992||Rev Peter Francis Middleton|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Annals from Aidan's in Annandale compiled by Roderick Best