Armadale, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1881
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Architect: Terry & Oakden
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 11/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The first service at Kooyong Rd was held on Sunday 20 August 1881.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1946 - 1950||Rev Frederick T. Cleverdon||M||1963|
|1953 - 1960||Rev Alfred E. Waite||M|
|1960 - 1962||Rev Arthur A. Lyons||M|
|1962 -||Rev Reginald J. Philp||M||1991|
|2011 -||Rev Kylie Crabbe||U|
|2019 -||Rev Fiona Winn||U|
An organ trust was formed in 1910 and fund raising began. Subscriptions to the new organ were solicited. By July 1911 church members had promised £451.
Built in 1912-14 by Frederick Taylor. 2m 22spst, 6c, tubpn. Rebuilt in 1974 by George Fincham & Sons. Great Mixture III added in 1990 by George Fincham & Sons in place of Taylor Viol Sourdine. This firm was recommended over George Fincham & Son and J.E. Dodd by the Melbourne City Organist Dr W.G. Price, who considered its work to be more imaginative tonally than its contemporaries.
For a complete history click here.
1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.