Ascot Vale, VIC Methodist (Former) (20916)
Year Built: 1926
Last Updated: 05/12/2020
History and Architecture:
In 1926 the Church building fund allowed for a tender to go out for a church to be built to seat 300 to 350 people at a cost of £4,000 including furnishings and fittings. A Foundation stone was laid on 18 September 1926 bt Mr .J. Cato who also gave a donation of £100 towards the funds. During the same year a block of land was purchased at the lower end of the Parade for the tennis court. The Church is now a Seventh Day Adventist Church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1909 - 1911||Mr A E Parker|
|1911 - 1913||Mr F A Johnson|
|1913 - 1915||Mr T C Carne|
|1915 - 1916||Rev William C Bridgborn|
|1916 - 1917||Rev G S Lloyd|
|1917 - 1918||Rev C S Yarwood|
|1918 - 1919||Rev H Richardson|
|1919 - 1923||Rev J R Bradbury|
|1923 - 1926||Rev W Beckett|
|1926 - 1930||Rev A H Mitchell|
|1930 - 1934||Rev R S Morris|
|1934 - 1938||Rev T N Oldfield|
|1937 - 1941||Rev W O.D. Wornock|
|1941 - 1946||Rev W H Leebruggen|
|1947 - 1952||Rev Green|
|1952 - 1955||Rev N G Graham||1955|
|1955 -||Rev G S Shinkfield|
|1956 - 1961||Rev J Leach|
|1961 - 1963||Rev Donald E Peters|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Ascot Vale Methodist Church The Parade 1888 - 1963 Seventhy Fifth Anniversary Year Church History. LTP 287.1945 AS2H