Ashgrove, QLD - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1951
Address: 286 Waterworks Road, Ashgrove, Queensland, 4060
Architect: Donald Bain
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 12/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone of this church was laid in July 1951, and the church was opened and dedicated by Archbishop Halse on 15 September 1952. Services had previously been held in the church hall for more than 25 years.1 The architect of the present church was Donald Bain of Brisbane.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2020 -||Rev Dr Margaret Wesley|
Built by the Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane in 1955. It has 2 manuals, 7 speaking stops, tubular-pneumatic action
Electrified. Around 1982 H.W. Jarrott of Brisbane modified the instrument with 2 manuals, 7 speaking stops, and electric action
A full description can be seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.