Ballan, VIC, St Brigid's Catholic
Year Built: 1911
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Wadawurrung people
Last Updated: 18/02/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was blessed and opened by Archbishop Carr of Melbourne 2nd June 1912.
The original tender was forfeited and the Church committee decided to alter the original plan reducing the length of the church by five feet, and discarding suggested bluestone foundations and to call fresh tenders. On January 15, 1912, Rev. Father Cusack presided over a meeting of parishioners to discuss tenders received in response to the second advertisement. A tender of £2437 from Mr. Meyer, Ivanhoe was accepted. An extra £45/10/ would be charged if tuck pointing was required.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1855 - 1859||Father Patrick Madden||Locum|
|1859 - 1867||Father Eugene O'Connell|
|1867 - 1867||Father Dunne||Part time|
|1868 -||Father O'Callaghan|
|1868 -||Father Gough||Asst|
|1912 -||Father Cusack|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Brigid's Catholic Church Ballan, Golden Jubilee 1912 - 1962 LTP 282.94521 W56S