Balmattum, VIC - Presbyterian (20100)
Year Built: 1938
Last Updated: 06/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church is part of the the Benalla Presbyterian Parish since its inception, but at the time was knows as duck pond the name derived from a chain of water holes crossing the route of the Sydney Road. The first srvices were held in the school. The wooden church building was erected in 1878 and opeend on 6 October 1878 by Reverend Reid.
The Foundation stone of the current Church was laid by Collier R. Call Esq on 26 January 1938.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1891 - 1894||Rev Thomson|
|1895 - 1896||Rev Dr Black|
|1898 - 1909||Rev F. Robinson|
|1909 - 1918||Rev J. Garde|
|1918 - 1924||Rev W. Rowlands|
|1925 - 1928||Rev W.J. Yongston|
|1929 - 1937||Rev F.L. Hume|
|1938 - 1941||Rev D. Drennan|
|1942 - 1947||Rev A.R.C. Jamieson|
|1947 - 1959||Rev R.F. Peirce|
|1961 - 1964||Rev H.A. Robinson|
|1964 -||Rev A. Thomas|
|2016 -||Rev Stephen McDonald|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church Euroa 1865 - 1965. LTP 285.29451