Balnarring, VIC - Uniting (20733)
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Last Updated: 10/01/2021
History and Architecture:
Formerley a Methodist Church. Between 1915 and 1920 the Methodist's hired the Balnarring Mechanics hall for services. In 1924 2 acres of land was purchased at Balnarring Beach Road. in 1929 services were moved to St Mark's Church of England in Balnarring however by 1934 services were moved to Warrawee Homestead.
The new Church was opened in November of 1936. The first services was conducted by Rev W. Judkins.
From 1924 to 1973 this church was under the Mornington Circuit.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1924 -||Rev J. F Butler||M Several visits|
|1924 - 1925||Rev J. R Currie||M Several visits|
|1924 - 1927||Rev F Taylor||M Several visits|
|1929 - 1934||Rev E. H. Coltman||M|
|1934 - 1938||Rev R. C Castles||M|
|1938 - 1943||Rev A. O Horn||M|
|1943 - 1944||Rev B Crisp||M|
|1944 - 1952||Rev J Tyson||M|
|1952 - 1956||Rev B Silverwood||M|
|1956 - 1961||Rev W Trewin||M|
|1961 - 1963||Rev R Sunderland||M|
|1963 - 1965||Rev D G. Beswick||M|
|1965 - 1969||Rev Graeme V Warne||M||1930||2021|
|1969 - 1970||Rev B. L. Perkin||M|
|1969 - 1970||Rev D Allen||M|
|1969 - 1970||Rev G E. Gray||M|
|1974 - 1975||Rev B. Usher||M|
|1976 - 1985||Rev M A. White||U|
|1985 - 1986||Rev E Trotter||U|
|1986 - 1989||Rev D. F. Mclean||U|
|1989 - 1995||Rev G M Watkinson||U|
|1995 - 1996||Rev G C Grant||U|
|1996 -||Rev J Vander Reest||U|
|1996 -||Rev G C Grant||U|
|2015 -||Rev Fiona Morrison||U|
|2020 ? -||Rev Nigel McBrien||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. A History of the Uniting Church in Balnarring.