Bathurst, NSW - All Saints Anglican

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: All Saints

Address: 3 Church Street, Bathurst, New South Wales, 2795

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people

Last Updated: 18/07/2023

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The cathedral building was originally designed by Edmund Blacket in 1845 as a parish church, but became a cathedral in 1870 with the creation of the Diocese of Bathurst. An organ was installed in 1886 and bells were hung in 1855. In the 1890s, however, the bell tower was found to be unstable, so the bells could not be "rung full circle" but only by striking them.

Due to structural problems the original cathedral was demolished in 1969–70 and replaced in 1971 by a new building constructed in a 20th-century style.

A Foundation stone reads, " The Cathedral Bell Tower was Officially opened by Her Excellency Professor Marie Bashir AC CVO Governor of New South Wales Saturday the 31st October 2009". A further Foundation stone reads, " The Cathedral Bell Tower was dedicated to God by The Right Reverend Richard Hurford Bishop of Bathurst on Saturday 31st October 2009. The Very Reverend Andrew Sempell Dean of Bathurst".


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1874 - Rev Henry Dicker 1828 1907
1880 - Rev Joseph Simmonds Dobson 1845 1905
1933 - Rev Henry James Dobb 1909 1941


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.