Bayswater, VIC - Church of Christ
Denomination: Church of Christ
Address: 643 Mountain Highway, Bayswater, Victoria, 3153
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 13/07/2021
History and Architecture:
Church of Christ services commenced among the settlers around 1872 and the Church of Christ was one of the first. Meetings were held in 1871 in Ambrose Lischke's bark hut, which was on Schultz's land on the South Western corner of Mountain Highway and Stud Rd. For two years the services were conducted by a Mr Ball who baptised Mr and Mrs \N. Schultz. Under the leadership of William Finger, who visited from our Hawthorn Church.
The first Chapel was opened 3rd November 1898. The block of land was donated by Mr C Wieland.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church of Christ Bayswater 1871 - 1971. PAL LHR 286.63 CLI