Bellerive, TAS - St Mark's Anglican (7066)
Year Built: 1904
Last Updated: 21/08/2021
History and Architecture:
(Known firslty as Kangaroo Point St. Mark's was formerly Clarence). In 1826 there was a small Chapel of Ease at Clarence Plains, one of the only five churches in Tasmania. In June 1852 St Mark's Chapel, Kangaroo Point was consecrated. This building still stands and in 1932 it was restored by Toc H. to be used by scouts and guides. In December 1903 the foundation stone of the present church was laid and was Consecrated in May 1904. In 1921 the Minister for Public Works handed the plans of old St. Mark's to the Diocesan.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1826 - 1838||Rev R Knopwood M.A.|
|1838 - 1843||Rev H P Fry|
|1843 - 1850||Rev R B. Grange|
|1850 - 1854||Rev W. W. Murray|
|1854 - 1881||Rev R Wilson|
|1881 - 1883||Rev Herbert Robert Finnis||1854||1936|
|1883 - 1890||Rev J. H Rowsell|
|1890 - 1898||Rev C Rodes Hall|
|1898 - 1914||Rev F. B Sharland|
|1914 - 1916||Rev Leonard Stewart Wall||1873||1936|
|1916 - 1931||Rev Henry Charles Brammall||1871||1952|
|1931 - 1936||Rev Vivian Herbert C Gill||1900||1965|
|1936 - 1946||Rev A. E. Biggs|
|1946 - 1951||Rev A Thomas M.A.|
|1952 - 1968||Rev Thomas Alfred Cloudsdale||1915||1968|
|1958 -||Rev Frederick Ernest Coobes||Curate|
|1963 -||Rev John Harley Holland||Asst C||1937|
|1968 - 1972||Rev L. J. Grimmett|
|1972 - 1979||Rev David Langley Pearce|
|1979 - 1984||Rev Rupert Marshall Potter|
|1984 - 1988||Rev A H.U. Young|
|1989 - 1998||Rev R. J. Cartledge|
|1998 - 2004||Rev C. T Whitton|
|2004 - 2005||Rev M Hunnybun||Locum|
|2005 - 2006||Rev M Lock||Locum|
|2006 -||Rev S Carnaby|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Mark's Bellerive Reflections, Looking forward Looking back. John R Sargent.
2. The Anglican Church in Tasmania, A Diocesan history to mark the Sesquicentenary 1992 by Geoffrey Stephens
3. Cable Clergy Index.