Belmont, WA - St Anne's Catholic
Year Built: 1914
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: 11 Hehir Street, Belmont, Western Australia, 6104
Last Updated: 12/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was built in 1914 by local builder Mr W Blacklock. Mr P Love and Mr Charles Courtland went guarantors for the church building. It was officially opened and consecrated on 6 December 1914 by His Grace Archbishop Clune. Features of the church are the lovely lead light windows.
Before this church was built, Mass was celebrated each Sunday in the home of Mr and Mrs Charles Courtland in Belgravia Street. Two priests travelled out from St. Mary’s Cathedral, Perth each week.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
The organ was the last to be built (1895–1908) by Robert Cecil Clifton for the music room of his home. Installed in 1976 by F J Larner & Co. It has 2 manuals, 12 speaking stops, 2 couplers, mechanical & tubular-pneumatic action. The Organ was removed from St Alban's, Highgate, in August 2014 and relocated here.
For a full description click here.