Bendigo, VIC - St John's Presbyterian (20688)
Year Built: 1897
Architect: W.C. Vahland
Last Updated: 07/07/2022
History and Architecture:
St. John's Presbyterian Church was opened in 1874 and located in Forest Street near the Barnard Street. By 1885 the Church was destroyed by fire. A new Church building was opened in 1897 on the same site.
A Foundation stone was laid in November 1858 by Rev L.D. Bevan.
In 1949 plans were preparred for the demolition of the church and the erection of a third church building on the same site when an offer to purchase the former Congregational Church (on the corner of Forest and Mackenzie Streets,) was accepted. The building, which had most recently been used by the Wesleyan Methodists and had been designed by Architect W C Vahland.
For more history click on the link
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1918 - 1925||Rev W Bennett|
|1926 - 1935||Rev Douglas A MacKenzie|
|1935 - 1943||Rev C. H. Ball|
|1944 - 1946||Rev R J. Williams|
|1947 - 1952||Rev J. E Smith|
|1952 - 1955||Rev D G. McKenzie|
|1955 - 1960||Rev J. W. Beecher|
|1962 - 1975||Rev H V. Jenkin|
|1976 - 1977||Rev J G. Evans|
|1978 - 1983||Rev A Pegler|
|1985 - 1995||Rev J. E Webster|
|1995 - 2005||Rev A.M. Clarke|
|2007 -||Rev Philip J Burns|
|2018 -||Rev Keith Bell|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
In good faith, list of Clergy from the Church's own web site