Berry, NSW - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1934
Architect: D.L. Paterson
Last Updated: 05/07/2022
History and Architecture:
A church was built in the town in the late 1880s, and was replaced by the present church on 9th. May 1934.
A Foundation reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Right Rev D.F. Brandt May 9th 1934 - Thos J. Darling Architect Rev D.L. Paterson Minister".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1888 - 1893||Rev Robert Kackson|
|1894 - 1905||Rev David McLennan|
|1905 - 1907||Rev David Smith|
|1907 - 1910||Rev John Hislop Robertson|
|1912 - 1914||Rev J. F. McAlister|
|1914 - 1917||Rev Richard Bourne Garner|
|1918 - 1921||Rev James S. Scott|
|1921 - 1924||Rev James Hendry|
|1924 - 1927||Rev William Duffy|
|1928 - 1932||Rev John Farragher Christian||1892||1942|
|1933 - 1939||Rev D. A. Patterson|
|1939 - 1944||Rev Gwilym Trevor Hughes||1885||1954|
|1944 - 1948||Rev Alex Alexander|
|1948 - 1950||Rev Alfred Seymour Brooks||1953|
|1951 - 1952||Rev Frederick Henry Druery||1880||1977|
|1953 - 1955||Mr J. D. Penman||Lay Reader|
|1956 - 1957||Rev Ernest Johnson||Locum|
|1957 - 1961||Mr Colin C. McKeith|
|2021 -||Rev Issac Jung|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Ryerson Index
2. Out of the wilderness: A history of the Presbyterian Church in Illawarra.