Bethany, SA - Bethany Lutheran
Year Built: 1883
Traditional Owners: Peramangk people
Last Updated: 11/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was built in 1883. The design is of simple rectangular plan with gable roof, smaller gabled annex to rear, square tower at front with tall pointed spire, rendered features on facades create a strong outline for the building. Construction - coursed rubble walls, rendered corner strips and windows indicate a reasonably traditional interior. Representation - typical format for Lutheran Churches with the tall spire on a central square tower.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2011 -||Rev David Gogoll||LCA|
First organ was built in 1850 by J.C.A. Kruger. Installed installed & enlarged for St Thomas' Lutheran Church, Stockwell 1929 J.E. Dodd. Restored in 1981 by Roger Jones. 1 manual, 7 speaking stops, 1 coupler, tracker, Man: 184.108.40.206.4.2. Ped: 16.
The present organ was built in 1929 by J.E. Dodd. 2 manuals, 8 speaking stops, 4 couplers, tracker Rebuilt & enlarged in 1989 by George Stephens. 2 manuals, 11 speaking stops, 4 couplers, tracker Gt: 220.127.116.11.4. Sw: 18.104.22.168.II. Ped: 16.
A full history can be seen here.
1. Lutheran Archives SA.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.