Blackstone, QLD - Methodist
Year Built: 1879
Previous Denomination: Congregational
Architect: Will Haenke
Traditional Owners: Jagera, Yuggera & Ugarapul people
Last Updated: 05/04/2023
History and Architecture:
A plaque reads, " The original Blackstone Congregational Church designed by architect Will Haenke was built in 1879 and faced Thomas Street. Around 1900 the church was expanded by adding a larger structure which faced Mary Street. The original building was retained and incorporated into this addition, and used as a hall.
The Samoan Methodist Church purchased the property in December 2007 and church 3ervices in the Samoan language commenced on 27 January 2008. An initiative of Ipswich City Council".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1886 - 1897||Rev James Davies||C|
|1905 -||Rev A. Fisher Webster||C|
|1915 -||Rev N. H. Finch||C|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. 2023 Karl Warkus photos
1. Historical plaque in church grounds