Boronia, VIC - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1971
Address: Corner Dorset Road & William Street, Boronia, Victoria, 3155
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 09/01/2021
History and Architecture:
In 1923 the Boronia parish was part of the Ferntree Gully District. By 1937 the Ferntree Gully district was split into two. St Paul's remained part of this District.*
In 1938 services were held in the Progress Hall by Reverend Brown. It seems they held services in a hall in Whitehorse Raod Ringwood which they later purchased for 25.00 and later moved the hall to their own site in Boronia land which was donated to the Church by the Zeising family.*
The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 16 May 1971 by the Venerable P.R. Monie Archdeacon of Box Hill. The Architect was Blyth and Josephine Johnson and the builders were McCorkell Construction Company.*
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1923 - 1925||Rev C L.B. Glaysher|
|1925 - 1934||Rev A. M Westley|
|1934 - 1937||Rev E. E Robinson|
|1937 - 1941||Rev Clifton Plessay Brown||1882||1963|
|1941 - 1953||Rev William Macauley Robertson||1886||1961|
|1953 - 1956||Rev Herbert Lionel Pratt||1894||1975|
|1956 - 1959||Rev F. A. Stewart|
|1959 - 1963||Rev Lindsay Young Pace|
|1963 - 1972||Rev Gerard Robert Wall||1931|
|1972 - 1985||Rev G A.E. Turner||1920|
|1985 - 1989||Rev John Lawler Goldsworthy||1930|
|1990 - 1997||Rev E. S. Lang|
|1999 -||Rev John William Gumbley||Asst C|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
It seemed Good. History of St Paul's Anglican Church Boronia. Geoff Walker.