Bothwell, TAS _ St Lukes Uniting (8103)
Year Built: 1830
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 21/09/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was opened in 1830 and was built by the Colonial Government for joint use by the Anglican and Presbyterian congregations. Lt Govt Arthur directed the architect John Lee Archer to change the rounded windows which he considered un Christian . Daniel Herbert a convict sculpture who carved the Ross Bridge heads reputedly carved the Celtic heads over the doorway of this church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1843 - 1863||Rev John Robertson|
|1874 - 1882||Rev Joseph Black|
|1883 - 1884||Rev Henry Tremlett Hull|
|1884 -||Rev J C Scott|
|1884 -||Rev K McIntyre|
|1887 - 1906||Rev Doctor|
|1906 -||Rev J Heyer||Home Mission|
|1907 -||Rev R M Fraser|
|1912 -||Mr W Anderson||student|
|1913 -||Rev G L Johnson||Student|
|1916 -||Rev S A. Vertigan||Student|
|1921 -||Rev J Silverster||Student|
|1924 -||Rev John Black||Student|
|1924 -||Rev Lewis Clayton||Student|
|1926 -||Rev L. M Fairley||Student|
|1937 - 1943||Mr W. L Baker||Home Mission|
|1944 - 1947||Mr R Alison Norris||Home Mission|
|1950 - 1954||Rev R J. Scrimgeour|
|1954 - 1956||Mr J S Hazeldine||Lay Reader|
|1954 - 1956||Mr A. C Stubs||Lay Reader|
|1956 - 1959||Rev Arthur Solomon|
|2020 ? -||Rev Meg Evans|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.