Bower, SA - St Peter's Lutheran
Year Built: 1890
Address: 8461 Thiele Highway, Bower, South Australia, 5374
Last Updated: 03/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The land on which the church is located was once owned by Mr F. W. Kaeding. The Foundation stone was laid on 14 September 1890 by Pastor J. Hansen and it was finished by 1899 when a dedication service was held on 24 September. The Sunday School was opened in 1919.
The church is 45 feet x 25 feet and cost approximately 120.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1888 - 1912||Pastor J E. Hansen||ELCA|
|1912 - 1926||Pastor J C.G. Thiel||ELCA|
|1927 - 1930||Pastor P. A. Mueller||ELCA|
|1931 - 1938||Pastor H D Koehne||ELCA|
|1938 - 1942||Pastor H P Hamann||ELCA|
|1942 - 1947||Pastor R. J. Burger||ELCA|
|1948 - 1952||Pastor W. R Paech||ELCA|
|1953 - 1960||Pastor H. C. Mattiske||ELCA|
|1960 - 1965||Pastor E. C Hempel||ELCA|
|1966 - 1973||Pastor A. E Schirmer||LCA|
|1973 - 1978||Pastor H B. Hage||LCA|
|1978 - 1980||Pastor E. C. Kernich||LCA|
|1983 - 1985||Pastor T E. Harms||LCA|
|1985 - 1990||Pastor D W. Borgas||LCA|
|1990 - 1996||Pastor T. Natt||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.