Box Hill, VIC - St Peter's Anglican (20116)
Year Built: 1861
Last Updated: 14/03/2021
History and Architecture:
The first church was erected in 1861 at the corner of Canterbury Road and Bedford Street at a cost of 300.00. By 1883 a new church was erected on the corner of Whitehorse Road and Frankcom Street on land donated by Mr Stewart Sergeant. The foundation stone was laid on 15 May 1883.*
The church was to be in the Gothic style constructed of brick and measuring 85ft x 25ft with seating for 150 people. The Architect was Archdeacon Stretch.
A further church The little brown church was erected in 1908.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1889 - 1903||Rev W Green|
|1904 - 1910||Rev Thomas Waklin Davis||1853||1933|
|1910 - 1913||Rev H J. Howell|
|1913 - 1918||Rev Edward Halford Hennell||1862||1941|
|1918 - 1925||Rev Walter Ralph Cooling||1868||1943|
|1925 - 1942||Rev William Watson Laidlay||1873||1942|
|1941 - 1951||Rev H O Hole|
|1951 - 1961||Rev E. M Eggleston|
|1957 - 1959||Rev R. W. Champion||1925|
|1959 - 1960||Rev Gerald Robert Wall||1931|
|1961 - 1966||Rev Richard Mellon Southey||1907||1984|
|1964 - 1966||Rev David John French||Asst||1934|
|1966 - 1980||Rev Canon C. N Thomas|
|1969 - 1970||Rev P J. Newman|
|1978 - 1981||Rev Donald Cameron Fairlie||Asst||1949|
|1978 - 1987||Rev Gordon Allan Brown||1919|
|1980 - 1991||Rev G M Tisdall||1943|
|1982 -||Rev David Phillip Lamont||1940|
|1984 - 1987||Rev Lynton Ivan Wade||Asst C||1950|
|1987 - 1988||Rev Roger William Prowd||Asst C||1949|
|1987 - 1989||Rev R Oliver||Asst|
|1988 - 1991||Rev Graeme Arthur Sells||AD|
|1991 - 1995||Rev A. S Hoskin||1941|
|1996 -||Rev Michael Ronald Symons||Asst C|
|2016 -||Rev Shane Hubner|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
We Love the Place O'God. Irene King