Brighton, VIC - St Leonard's Uniting
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Bunurong people
Last Updated: 14/02/2022
History and Architecture:
The Wolseley Grove site was purchased for £300. Towards this amount the people contributed £130. and the Church and Manse Loan Fund promised a loan of £200. The first intention was to build a wooden structure and Church hall at a cost of £350. The architect appointed by the meeting advised that little extra cost would be involved in making the structure a permanent brick one and accordingly alternative tenders were invited for brick and wood. Very shortly afterwards a tender for a brick structure was accepted. the contract price being £500.
The Foundation stone for the first church was laid on 29 October 1892 by the Brighton Mayor M.J.S. Gair Esq.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1907 -||Rev Hume Robertson||P||1921|
|- 1926||Rev Hugh Kelly||P|
|1926 - 1938||Rev H. G. Jones||P|
|1938 -||Father P. E. Fennessy||P|
|1939 -||Rev E. G. Petherick||P|
|2012 -||Rev Kim Cain||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Leonard's Presbyterian Church Brighton Jubille History 1891 - 1941. LOC 285.29451 SAI