Broomehill, WA - St Elizabeth of Hungary Anglican (9060)
Saint: St Elizabeth
Last Updated: 20/07/2020
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid 18 April 1953.
The Church was the former Police Station and Courthouse, a single-storey brick and iron building. It is one of the oldest buildings in Broomehill and contributes to the community’s sense of place. The altar is constructed of bricks from the old 1884 Eticup Church.
The Church took it name from St Elizabeth who fed the poor of her country. Her husband was a heathen and had forbidden her to do so . One day she crept out of the palace with a basket of bread for the needy and her husband caught her. Miraculously, when he looked into the basket, it was filled with roses.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1907 - 1909||Rev Albert Oliver night||Missionary|
|1908 - 1911||Deacon Harold Edwin Glover||1941|
|1953 -||Rev C G Tiller|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.