Bungendore, NSW - St Phillip's Anglican (10121)
Year Built: 1864
Last Updated: 26/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was erected in 1864 and is of the Victorian Free Gothic style. The walls are constructed of rock faced ashlar and the jointing is of fine pointing. The steep pitched timber frame gable roof is clad with asbestos shingles. Walls feature high pointed Gothic windows which are complimented by arched sandstone block work to window heads.
Designed by the Anglican Canon Alberto Dias Soares.
Internally, the walls are cement rendered and painted. The ceiling expresses the exposed timber rafters, purlins, and the high pitch of the roof. A prominent feature of the interior is the four gargoyles representing the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1873 - 1875||Rev J.T. Evans||Asst|
|1877 - 1880||Rev J.C. Dodwell|
|1881 - 1883||Rev W. Scott|
|1884 - 1885||Rev J.A. Newth|
|1885 - 1887||Rev L.G. Amey|
|1887 - 1891||Rev E.F. Hurchins|
|1891 -||Rev J. Scott|
|1900 - 1907||Rev R. Leigh|
|1907 - 1910||Rev F.B. Clive|
|1913 - 1924||Rev A.H. Champion|
|1920 -||Rev R. Upjohn|
|1925 - 1935||Rev H.C. Walton|
|1939 - 1946||Rev R.B. Dransfield|
|1940 - 1942||Rev P. Pickburn|
|1946 - 1951||Rev P. Pichburn|
|1951 -||Rev G.F. Pyke|
|1964 - 1968||Rev C.F. Reeve|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clerical Index