Bushy Park, TAS -St Augustines Anglican
Year Built: 1904
Address: 388 Gordon River Road, Bushy Park, Tasmania, 7140
Last Updated: 19/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid by Rt Rev J Edward Mercer D.D. Bishop of Tasmania on July 20th 1904. Reverend Walter Hooker was inducted Rector on this day and he remained until 1908.
As early as 1895 services were held in the railway waiting room while being financially supported by the New Norfolk parish with R.W.G. Shoobridge deeding the new land building the church and supplying all necessary outside sheds, stables, fences etc at the cost of £380.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1904 - 1908||Rev Walter Hooker|
1. A glimpse into the history of St Matthews Anglican Church, The Parish of New Norfolk Tasmania. Dorothy Robinson