Camberwell, VIC - St Dunstan's Anglican
Year Built: 1966
Address: 163 Wattle Valley Road, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 16/02/2022
History and Architecture:
In 1925 communications between the Reverend Walter Green then of Murrumbeena, and the Vicar elect of East Camberwell resulted in an exploritory visit to Wattle Valley Road which was duly selected as the centre of the new parish.
In 1960 plans for completion of Church submitted to Vestry by architect Louis Williams. By 1966 a contract was let to complete the church to new design by architects Mockridge, Stable and Mitchell. On October 23rd a foundation Stone of building extensions was laid. Dedication of the new church was held on May 21st 1967.
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by the Right Reverend G.T. Sambell on October 23rd 1966 to mark the building of extensions to complete this church".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1926 - 1934||Rev Oliver John Brady|
|1935 - 1944||Rev John Smerger Drought||1894||1982|
|1944 - 1949||Rev Philip B Hayman||1949|
|1948 - 1949||Rev John Vance Gason||Locum||1908||1997|
|1949 - 1964||Rev Ronald Ernest McQuie||1895||1975|
|1964 - 1970||Rev Edwin Knox Robins||Locum||1915||2011|
|1964 - 1970||Rev Edwin K Robins|
|1970 -||Rev Ian H St Clair|
|1971 - 1972||Rev Fred Keay||Locum|
|1974 -||Rev Arthur F. Lloyd||Asst|
|2020 ? -||Rev Jobby John|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Fifty Years at Dt Dunstans an history of the Anglican Parish 1926 - 1976. Compiled by Keith W. Bennett. LH 283.9451 BEN
2. Cable Clergy Index.