Canowindra, NSW - All Saints Anglican

Year Built: 1928

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: All Saints

Address: Lola Street, Canowindra, New South Wales, 2804

Architect: Louis R Williams

Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people

Last Updated: 16/02/2024

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (2 photos)


History and Architecture:

A wall plaque reads, " A.M.D.G. The Cross on the tower of this church was erected in loving memory of Hilton Robinson who died 8th February 1963 The gift of his mother Emma Robinson".

The church also has a notable aggregation of 20th Century stained glass windows including makers such as Montgomery and the Wallers. It was partially constructed in 1927–8 in a modified Gothic mode, when the sanctuary, choir and nave were built. It was subsequently finished to Williams' original design in 1959.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1890 - 1892 Rev Frederick John Thompson 1852 1911
1894 - 1897 Rev Joseph James Wilson 1866 1934
1903 - 1905 Rev Julian Henry Rowsell Missionary 1839 1913
1910 - 1910 Rev Thomas Beresford Farley Curate 1852 1930
1911 - 1911 Rev William Clarke Caton Temp Curate 1878 1965
1924 - 1927 Rev Frank Weston 1894 1970
1927 - 1940 Rev Arthur Dean Broomhead 1883 1952
1941 - 1947 Rev Rupert Lennox Edwards 1898 1981
1942 - 1946 Rev John Stanley Richards 1897 1986
1946 - 1956 Rev Harold Scott Taylor 1893 1977
1955 - 1961 Rev Stephen Carr 1911 1978
1967 - 1980 Rev William Percy Hart 1909 1987
1991 - Rev John Hastings Reeves Locum 1915 1994
2023 - Rev Jono Williams

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Contributions:

1. 2023 Canowindra Historical Society and Museum

Source:

1. Cable Clerical Index with permission.
2. Wikipedia on architect.