Carlton, VIC - St Judes Anglican (20638)
Year Built: 1866
Last Updated: 13/07/2021
History and Architecture:
The church was built in two stages, the first between 1866 and 1867 and the second between 1869 and 1870. It was designed by Joseph Reed and Barnes. The builder was John Pigdon. The tower at the northeast corner was never erected and in 1935 was substituted by the present porch and Bell-cote.
A foundation stone was laid on 14 September 1935 by Bishop J.J. Booth recognising the completion of the church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1868 - 1887||Rev Charles Stuart Perry||1827||1888|
|1888 - 1898||Rev Julius Lewis|
|1898 - 1902||Rev Edwin Rodda|
|1902 - 1932||Rev John Good|
|1928 - 1943||Rev Arthur Banks||1885||1956|
|1929 - 1930||Rev Henry Host||Curate||1903||1969|
|1931 - 1932||Rev Thomas Robert Fleming||Curate||1907||1979|
|1943 - 1945||Rev George Eric Menlove||1880||1960|
|1945 - 1950||Rev Sydney Smith|
|1951 - 1954||Rev Lance Shilton|
|1954 - 1959||Rev Jock Lugton Ryan||1924||2020|
|1960 - 1964||Rev Peter Harradence||PiC||1935|
|1964 - 1967||Rev Neville Curtis|
|1966 - 1970||Rev John Taylor||1940|
|1966 - 1970||Rev W Howarth||1932|
|1970 - 1975||Rev David John Binns||1939|
|1974 - 1976||Rev Stephen Ernest Coggins||Asst|
|1975 - 1982||Rev David Boan|
|1980 - 1982||Rev John de Blank||Asst||1944|
|1982 - 2001||Rev Dr Peter Adam|
|1984 - 1987||Rev Peter Kenneth Bradley Robinson||Assoc M|
|1987 - 1991||Rev R C.M. Cheung||Asst|
|1994 - 1996||Rev A. D Livingstone||Asst|
|1994 - 1998||Rev Paul Mannix Harper||1961|
|2002 -||Rev Richard Condie|
|2020 ? -||Rev John Forsyth|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Australian Anglican Directory 2000.