Carrick, TAS - St Andrews Anglican (8042)
Year Built: 1843
Last Updated: 08/07/2022
History and Architecture:
Built in 1843 and consecrated in 1845 after its conversion from a schoolhouse. Services were first held c1843 in a blacksmith's shop and subsequently in a schoolhouse, whose building was later transformed into St Andrew's. Thomas Reibey had the schoolhouse converted by 1845, though the tower was added in 1863. The church's burial ground was consecrated in April 1845.
The East window of stained glass with the figure of St Andrews was given by Charlotte William Powlett of Devonshire England in memory of her grandparents James ans Charlotte Reibey of "Morton" also of Archdeacon Thomas Reibey of Entally who built and endowed the church in the year 1846.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1846 -||Rev James Haydock Reibey||Curate||1823||1897|
|1850 - 1868||Rev Thomas Reibey||1821||1912|
|1853 - 1855||Rev Augustus Barkway||1830||1921|
|1857 - 1860||Rev John Chambers||1834||1903|
|1862 - 1868||Rev A N Manson|
|1868 - 1895||Rev Charles Reibey Arthur||1837||1917|
|1895 -||Rev W Chrstie|
|1895 - 1900||Rev Frederick Burnett Sharland||Dean||1846||1934|
|1898 - 1908||Rev R K Collison|
|1901 - 1903||Rev Edward Tucker Howell|
|1907 - 1908||Rev Henry Charles Brammall||1871||1952|
|1908 - 1911||Rev Richard Charles Kelly||1858||1936|
|1912 - 1919||Rev John Kidd Wimer||1849||1928|
|1919 - 1923||Rev Richard Charles Kelly||1858||1936|
|1922 -||Rev C L Cox|
|1937 - 1941||Rev William Alfred Best||1868||1941|
|1948 - 1959||Rev Ernest Edward Johnson||1886||1972|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Leonard Thomas Penwill||1891||1974|
The organ was built by J.C. Bishop, of New Road, St Mary-le-Bone, London. For a complete history of the Organ click here.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia.
3. St Andrews Church Carrick PAM 283.94616 ST.A
4. Cable Clerical Index.