Cleveland, QLD - Uniting
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Traditional Owners: Quandamooka people
Last Updated: 24/04/2023
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God This stone was placed on 30th March 1980 by Rev D F Kirkup BA L Th Secretary, Qld, Synod, Uniting Church in Aust Rev R G C Smith Pastor R B Swain Secretary N A C Dean Treasurer R M Oliver".
A further Foundation stone reads on the current Hall, "To the Glory of God This stone was laid on 13th May 1961 Rev J Tainton BA BD President of the Queensland Conference N A C Dean Secretary Rev R L Hogg L Th Minister".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1961 -||Rev R. L. Hogg|
|1980 -||Rev C. G. Smith|
The Organ was built by Whitehouse & Co of Brisbane in 1911, for Methodist Church, Wooloowin (Clayfield). It had 1 manual, 7 speaking stops, mechanical action. Rebuilt & enlarged in 1948 by Whitehouse Brothers. It had 2 manuals, 17 speaking stops, tubular-pneumatic action. Rebuilt & enlarged at present location in 1989 by Ernest Day (with David Hudd) of Cleveland. Additions in 2007 by Ernest Day and Bill McKelvie of Cleveland. It has 2 manuals, 31 speaking stops, electro-pneumatic action.
For a full description and photos click here
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.