Clifton Hill, VIC - St John the Baptist Catholic
Year Built: 1876
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Saint: John the Baptist
Address: 61 Queens Parade, Clifton Hill, Victoria, 3068
Architect: J. B. Denny
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 24/04/2023
History and Architecture:
Construction commenced in 1876 and by July the walls were being erected. The Foundation stone was laid in 1876. The Architect was J.B. Denny. The spire was added in 1907.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
The Organ was built in 1924 by George Fincham & Sons. It had 2 manuals, 24 speaking stops, 8 couplers, tubular-pneumatic action. Reeds by Alfred Palmer & Son. It has Gt: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206. Sw: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.8.8.8. Ped: 22.214.171.124.8.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.