Clunes, VIC - St Andrews Uniting (20670)
Year Built: 1861
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Last Updated: 12/07/2022
History and Architecture:
Constructed in the Gothic style it was designed by Ballarat architect J.A. Doane, and commenced in 1864. It consists of a broad nave and transepts with galleries, including cast iron balustrades. The facade incorporates a slate-roofed octagonal turret and spire and a four-light perpendicular Gothic window. The Basalt manse was erected in the mid 1860's.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1929 - 1933||Rev Robert Jackson||M|
|1940 - 1945||Rev Frederick A Plumb||M||1972|
|1945 - 1949||Rev Arthur D Lelean||M|
|1949 - 1952||Rev Frederick C Ivory||M||1885||1964|
|1952 - 1956||Rev Wesley W Trigg||M|
The builder of the organ is uncertain although a deteriorated handwritten paper fragment in the pallet box recorded the name of Francis N********2 fecit 186. For a complete overview of the Organ click here.
1. 1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index