Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Uniting (30113)
Year Built: 1958
Previous Denomination: Wesleyan Methodist
Last Updated: 13/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The land was bought for $1,211.00 (£25.00) and other than the names of the trustees, little is known of the first seventy five years.
The old Church was built in 1854, and is one of the oldest suburban Churches in the State. When the section of ground opposite was purchased by the Government and sub divided into residential blocks and built upon, the Trustees deemed it advisable to take steps to erect a new Church. The new Church was erected in 1928.
The original church remained as part of the complex until 1958 when it was demolished and the present complex of hall, kitchen and meeting rooms was established.
The new church facing Goodwood Road was completed between 1927 and 1928.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1854 -||Rev T Williams||WM|
|1854 -||Rev J Dane||WM|
|1857 - 1858||Rev W Ingham||WM|
|1859 - 1861||Rev W Butlers||WM|
|1862 - 1864||Rev J Welsford||WM|
|1869 - 1870||Rev S L Worthington||WM|
|1873 - 1874||Rev P G. Petchell||WM|
|1875 -||Rev Henry T Burgess||WM|
|1875 - 1877||Rev J Nicholson||WM|
|1879 - 1880||Rev S. S. Moncrieff||WM|
|1880 -||Rev W Dawson||WM|
|2011 -||Rev Carol Chambers||U|
|2020 ? -||Rev Laurie Liggood||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Colonel Light Gardens Uniting Church History Book 2008. Editor D J Walte