Coorparoo, QLD - St James Catholic (50128)
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 02/01/2021
History and Architecture:
A plaque on the church wall reads, On the 25th of January 1925 on the feast of St Paul the Apostle this first stone of the church erected to the glory of God under the title and patronage of St James the Apostle was blessed and placed by the most Reverend J Duhig D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane in thr reign of Pope Pius Eleventh with the Reverend J. O'Leary being the Parish Priest.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1925 -||Fr J. O'Leary|
|1953 - 1958||Fr P.E. Boland|
|1953 - 1958||Fr T.A. Hunt||Asst|
|1959 - 1971||Fr T.A. Hunt|
|1959 - 1971||Fr P.H. Hernandez||Asst|
|1972 - 1974||Fr J.E. Bolton|
|1972 - 1994||Fr P.P. Kehoe||Asst|
|1975 - 1982||Fr D.K. O'Shea|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Photos courtesy of John Huth 2018