Coorporoo, QLD - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1951
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 12/03/2023
History and Architecture:
Presbyterian services in Coorparoo were held from 1926 in the Shire Hall under the care of the Kirk Session of St John's, Annerley, but within a few years a church was built and in 1931 Coorparoo became a separate charge.1 The present brick church was opened on 11 November 1951.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1931 -||Rev A. C. Kennedy|
|2022 -||Rev Ryan Holmes|
Built by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane in 1962. Additions added in 1988 by W.J. Simon Pierce of Brisbane. It has
2 manuals, 8 speaking stops and electro-pneumatic action. The pipework is entirely hidden behind a decorative grille at the front of the church.
A full description can bee seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.