Coramba, NSW - St Therese's Catholic
Year Built: 1926
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Gumbaynggirr people
Last Updated: 15/10/2022
History and Architecture:
Land was purchased from the Coramba Co-operative Dairy Society Butter Factory with the transfer of land taking place in August 1926. The Church Committee had raised £400 for the Church's construction by November 28, 1926, and the Foundation Stone was laid by Bishop Carroll. In November 1926 the northern portion of the Coffs Harbour Parish was formed into a separate parochial district, because of differences between the people and Father Van Riel. It was known as the Parish of Coramba-Karangi and Father Vincent Ryan was appointed as Priest in Charge of the new parish.
A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was laid by The Rt Rev John Carroll DD Bishop of Lismore 28th Nov 1926.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1926 - 1931||Father Vincent Ryan|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Augustine's Parish Coffs Harbour 1906 - 2006. Rosemary Doherty