Cygnet, TAS - St James Catholic (7057)
Year Built: 1940
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 04/10/2021
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone attached to the building was laid on 18 February 1940 by his Grace the Archbishop of Hobart J.D. Simonds. The Church was opened on 6 October of the same year. The church was designed in the Moorish style.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1864 -||Father James Holehan||1904 /1907|
|1868 - 1869||Father J.J. McKernan||1904|
|1869 -||Father Thomas Kelsh||1928|
|1872 -||Father M.J. O'Regan||1924|
|1879 -||Father P O O'Reilly||1920|
|1888 -||Father James Holehan||1904|
|1894 -||Father Patrick J O'Flynn||1926|
|1926 - 1939||Father Arthur Cullen|
|1927 -||Father Edmond Roche||1973|
|1939 -||Father J.M. Kerrish|
|1939 - 1962||Father Francis Kent||1965|
|1961 -||Father Ambrose Benneworth||1977|
|1976 - 1988||Father Graeme Howard|
|1988 - 1994||Father Gerard Sheedy|
|1995 - 2003||Father John Reilly|
|2004 - 2008||Father Peter Nicholls|
|2008 - 2009||Father Micheal Hickey CP|
|2009 -||Father Mark Freeman|
|2010 -||Father Gregory Barker|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Priceless Heritage W.T. Southerwood