Dandenong North, VIC - Parish of St Gerard Catholic
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: 71 Gladstone Road, Dandenong North, Victoria, 3175
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri, Bunurong & Boon Wurrung
Last Updated: 04/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The Blessing of the site for the new Church took place on Sunday 20th October 1968 by Bishop Moran D.D. The church was built of modular steel and is dominated by a 50 ft. steeple. It was built by Kurth Bros. Pty. Ltd. of Mentone, and accommodates a congregation of 750.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1956 - 1962||Father Henry Norman Gilman||1962|
|1960 - 1961||Father Long||Asst|
|1961 - 1966||Father J. Coakley||Asst|
|1962 - 1968||Father J. Hardy|
|1966 - 1967||Father Jerram||Asst||1971|
|1967 - 1969||Father R. Nink||Asst||1999|
|1968 - 1974||Father J. Daly|
|1969 - 1972||Father P. Carrucan||Asst|
|1972 - 1974||Father K. Eaton||Asst|
|1974 - 1986||Father J. Hynan|
|1975 - 1976||Father J. Milesi||Asst|
|1976 - 1978||Father B. Robinson||Asst|
|1979 - 1983||Father L. Tomlinson||Asst|
|1983 - 1987||Father G. Redfern||Asst|
|1986 -||Father W Van Kooy|
|1987 - 1988||Father M. Moody||Asst|
|1988 - 1992||Father J. Walshe||Asst|
|1992 -||Father G. Pritchard||Asst|
|2022 ? -||Father Shanthaiah Marneni|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Parish of St Gerard Dandenong North Celebrating 40 Years 1956 - 1996. SLTF 282.94511 V26P
2. Deceased Clergy in Australia, 1788-2023.