Daylesford, VIC - St Andrew's Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1904
Address: 21 Camp Street, Daylesford, Victoria, 3460
Architect: Clegg & Miller
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri, Taungurung & Dja Dja Wurrung people
Last Updated: 17/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone was laid in 1903 by Mrs Jessie Leggatt of a prominent Daylesford family (there is a Leggatt Street in the town). Mrs Leggatt gave the money to build the church and her marble memorial plaque remains affixed inside the empty porch. The style is a modified English Decorated.
A brick church built between 1903 and 1904 designed by Clegg & Miller.
The Church closed in 2002 when the Presbyterians moved to a smaller location.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
Built in 1904 by E. Cornwall Cook. Renovated in 1906 by George Fincham & Sons. It has 2 manuals, 11 speaking stops, 4 couplers, mechanical action. A full history can be seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.