Devonport, TAS - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1932
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Traditional Owners: Palawa people
Last Updated: 16/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone was laid by Rev W.H.E. Abbey Circuit minister and Chairman of Mersey district June 27 1931. The current church building was opened on March 1932 . The Church was closed in 2018. This is now a Community Wellness centre. A Tasmanian, multi-faceted media production company.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1925 - 1928||Rev George T. Arthur||M|
|1934 - 1938||Rev Charles F. Bremer||M|
|1938 - 1943||Rev Norman Elliott||M|
|1948 - 1953||Rev Edward Leslie Vercoe||M||1973|
|1958 - 1960||Rev John L. Cousins||M|
|1960 -||Rev Ivor R. Maggs||M|
|2018 -||Rev Allan Thompson||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Congregatioalism in Tasmania 1830 - 1977. A brief history compiled by Theo E Sharples.