Dulwich Hill, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican (10063)

Year Built: 1886

Denomination: Anglican

Address: Corner Herbert & Seaview Streets, Dulwich Hill, New South Wales, 2203

Last Updated: 04/01/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

A timber hall on the site of the present church where services where held (this hall was then divided up, part of which is now the Jennifer Russell Hall standing behind the Holy Trinity, 1886 church building.

The first Holy Trinity Anglican Church was on the opposite side of the present day church and was dedicated by Bishop Barry on 10 April 1886.

The foundation stone of the present Church was laid on 9 June 1915 and was completed by December the same year for a cost of 8,000.

A brick church with moulded brick and sandstone detailing. It has heavy square brick pilasters and butressing. Rusticated sandstone walling to Herbert and Seaview Streets.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1886 - 1889 Rev James Clarke
1889 - 1895 Rev W. H Saunders
1895 - 1911 Rev E. A. Colvin
1911 - 1928 Rev George Alexander Chambers 1877 1963
1928 - 1934 Rev F. W. Tugwell
1934 - 1940 Rev Herbert Edward Taylor 1848 1924
1940 - Rev E. L Milliard
1949 - Rev Harry Edwards

Organ:

The organ was built by Charles Richardson in 1902. Originally fitted with tubular-pneumatic action, it was rebuilt with electro-pneumatic action by Ian D Brown in 1974.