East Malvern, VIC - St John's Anglican (20575)
Year Built: 1883
Last Updated: 28/10/2021
History and Architecture:
Founded as a mission to Caulfield Racecourse in 1883 the original church was built in 1889. The current church was built between 1920 and 1922. The Architect was Purchase and Teague. The Foundation stone was laid on 18 December 1920 by the Venerable Archdeacon Hindley B.D. Administrator of the Diocese.
An example of the English Decorated Gothic style. This is the third church of the Parish on the same site and its construction in Barrabool stone illustrates the persistence and growth of the aspirations of the congregation.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1914 - 1915||Rev Thomas Vesian Wallace||Curate||1888||1915|
|1915 - 1918||Rev Thomas Wilkinson||Locum||1883||1963|
|1928 -||Rev Arthur Edwin Young||Locum||1873||1944|
|1928 - 1942||Rev John Heyliger Dewhurst||1879||1972|
|1933 - 1934||Rev Ernest Geoffrey Young||Curate||1908||1935|
|1943 - 1948||Rev Francis Algernon Townsend||1902||1956|
|1946 -||Rev Frederick Thomas Eyers||Curate||1912||2015|
|1946 - 1950||Rev Geoffrey Morrison Browne||Curate||1913||2009|
|1956 - 1962||Rev Thomas Russell Hope Clark||1912||1998|
|2020 ? -||Rev Dr Alexander Ross|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.