Eden, NSW - St George Uniting
Year Built: 1866
Address: Chandos Street, Eden, New South Wales, 2551
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 18/08/2022
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid on 24th May, 1865 and the Church was opened for services on 24th May 1866.
It was the first church built after the Union of the Presbyterian Churches in NSW in 1865. The building was first cement rendered in 1931 due to crumbling of the original brickwork and the original roof replaced in 1961. In 2007, the original bell tower was restored and erected on the roof with the assistance of the local council Heritage Grant. The second aspect is that St George’s land was not dedicated by the government, but donated to the church by local resident, George Barclay.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1865 - 1866||Rev Alexander Boddie||P|
|1869 - 1872||Rev William Thom||P|
|1885 - 1920||Rev James L. Forbes||P|
|1931 - 1935||Rev Ralfe Maidment||P||1892||1987|
|1936 - 1937||Rev Hughes Jones||P|
|1937 - 1941||Rev H. Perkins||P|
|1941 - 1945||Rev Hugh F. Peak||P|
|1945 - 1948||Rev A. Balmer||P|
|1948 - 1953||Rev Gordon R. George||P||2003|
|1954 - 1957||Rev James S.F. Buck||P|
|1958 - 1962||Rev John Broadhead||P|
|1963 - 1966||Rev Russell McKinnon||P|
|1967 - 1972||Rev William Palmer||P|
|1973 - 1976||Rev J. Eddy||P|
|1976 - 1978||Rev John Marton||U|
|1978 - 1983||Rev Janes Curtis||U|
|1984 - 1990||Pastor Keith Hilder||U|
|1990 - 1994||Rev Philip Kellaway||U|
|1995 - 2001||Rev Margaret Moon||U|
|2001 - 2004||Pastor J. Goode||U|
|2004 - 2010||Pastor Judith Dalton||U|
|2011 - 2017||Pastor Pam Skelton||U|
|2017 -||Rev Micheal Palmer||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church website. Visit it here for more history.
2. Ryerson Index.