Elsternwick, VIC - St John's Uniting (21054)
Year Built: 1915
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 26/12/2021
History and Architecture:
The first service was conducted by the Rev George Faulds in the Court House (31 October). He is to become the first permanent minister at the Caulfield Presbyterian Church. In 1915 Architects are requested to invite fresh tenders for a new church. The tender for the new church was accepted for £2,787. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by A.P. Gardiner Esq on the 14th August 1915". A full history can be viewed here on the church website.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1892 - 1901||Rev David Graham McCrea||P|
|1901 - 1910||Rev John George Davies||P|
|1910 - 1920||Rev Finlay McQueen||P|
|1920 - 1933||Rev John Crockett||P|
|1933 - 1942||Rev J Gray Robinson||P|
|1942 - 1954||Rev James Jones||P|
|1954 - 1964||Rev Arthur H Michell||P|
|1964 - 1978||Rev William E Haddrick||P|
|1979 - 1988||Rev Eric F Thomas||U|
|1987 - 1989||Rev Murray Coombe||U|
|1989 - 1995||Rev Mark Lawrence||U|
|1996 - 2001||Rev Joan Wright||U|
|2003 - 2007||Rev Dr John Broughton||U|
|2008 - 2010||Rev Apwee Ting||U|
|2011 -||Rev Christine Clinch||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St John’s Uniting Church Elsternwick, Celebrating 125 years of worship and fellowship 20–28 October 2012