Epping, VIC - St John's Anglican (20619)
Last Updated: 10/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The earliest recorded Anglican service in Epping was held in September 1863. The Anglican community, anxious to erect their own permanent church but unhappy with the low-lying site allocated to them near the Darebin Creek, applied to the Government for an alternative one, and the present two acre site in High Street was gazetted on 5 May 1868.
The Church was opened in 1869.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1877 -||Mr J Evans||Reader|
|1884 -||Mr Edward Denton Fethers||Reader||1861||1946|
|1888 - 1891||Rev Edward Denton Fethers||1861||1946|
|1903 - 1905||Rev Thomas Quinton||1847||1935|
|1921 - 1927||Rev Francis Alfred Ray||1880||1950|
|1930 - 1932||Rev G Binns|
|1930 - 1934||Rev C. Powell|
|1934 -||Mr F Maling||Reader|
|1934 - 1935||Rev J Foster|
|1935 - 1940||Rev R McCoy|
|1940 - 1945||Rev Alan George Mee||1911||1992|
|1945 - 1948||Rev Ronald Thompson Millar||1891||1958|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Garnet Donald Prince||PiC|
|1983 - 1986||Rev Nigel Gordon McIver Wright||PiC||1947|
|1993 - 1995||Rev Charles Edward Soly Mitchell||1889||1984|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.