Euroa, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting (20097)

Year Built: 1889

Denomination: Uniting

Saint: Andrew

Address: Kirkland Street West, Euroa, Victoria, 3666

Previous Denomination: Presbyterian

Last Updated: 24/02/2022

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

Formerly a Presbyterian Church. In 1865 the first Presbyterian church services were held in the old Euroa school house and later incorporated in the Church of England rectory.

The first church was erected in 1881 in Foy Street. The current church was built in 1889 by Gordon and Duncan and cost £600 while the Sunday School hall was erected in 1911 by James O'Neill. The architect was F.H. Parson's. The Foundation stone was laid by the Moderator of the Presbytery in March 1911.

Click here for more information.

 

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1898 - 1909 Rev F Robinson P
1909 - 1918 Rev J Garde P
1918 - 1924 Rev W Rowlands P
1925 - 1928 Rev W. J. Youngson M.A. P
1929 - 1937 Rev F Lyall Hume P
1938 - 1941 Rev David Drennan P
1942 - 1947 Rev A R.C. Jamieson P
1947 - 1959 Rev R F Peirce B.A. P
1961 - 1964 Rev H A. Robinson P
1964 - 1973 Rev Arthur Thomas P
1974 - 1979 Rev Geoff Godde P
1979 - 1986 Rev Stan Fishley U
1987 - 1989 Rev Joe Wilson U
1990 - 1999 Rev Janet Polkinghorn U
2000 - 2005 Rev M Rajakulendran U
2005 - 2012 Pastor Fred Jungworth U
2013 - Rev Glenys Gill U

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. St Andrews Presbyterian Church Euroa 1865 - 1965 LTP 285.29451
2. Church Website.