Euroa, VIC - St John's Catholic (20096)
Year Built: 1887
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 19/02/2022
History and Architecture:
Bishop Gould recorded in his diary that he blessed and opened on 8 May 1866 a small church in Euroa named in honour of St Michael the Archangel. This was the first church building in Euroa. On 6 March 1887 the new church was blessed and opened by Bishop Reville Coadjutor.
In 1915 the interior of St Johns Church was completely renovated.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1906 - 1908||Father James O'Reilly||1944|
|1908 - 1932||Father David Tobin|
|1932 - 1935||Father Edward James Rooney|
|1936 - 1950||Father William Armstrong|
|1951 - 1959||Father Patrick O'Connor|
|1959 - 1976||Father James Thomas Dowling|
|1976 - 1983||Father Donald Roe O'Neill||2015|
|1983 -||Father James Lawrence Nihill|
|2019 -||Father Anthony Hill|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
St John the Evangelist Church Euroa Victoria, An Historical Recollection 1887 - 1987