Forth, TAS - All Saints Anglican
Year Built: 1868
Saint: All Saints
Address: Leith Road, Forth, Tasmania, 7310
Last Updated: 03/11/2022
History and Architecture:
All Saints' Church was erected, and was probably opened and dedicated on or near to the Festival of All Saints, November 1st, 1868. The Church was originally erected amidst beautiful surroundings, a mile or so from Forth, on the Leith Road, and here, in this secluded spot, lie the remains of many pioneers of the district.
All Saints' Church was removed to the site where it now stands at Forth in the year 1893. About this time a change was made, when it was decided that the Incumbents should reside at Ulverstone, but in spite of the change, there remained a devoted body of members at Forth.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1867 - 1877||Rev C. B. Broome|
|1877 - 1878||Rev R. Haywood|
|1879 - 1882||Rev J. H. Wills|
|1882 - 1887||Rev E. Champion|
|1887 - 1892||Rev Humphery Davis|
|1892 - 1897||Rev Canon Beresford|
|1897 - 1901||Rev Canon De Coetlogan|
|1901 - 1903||Rev F. G. Copland|
|1903 - 1910||Rev C. H. Shedden|
|1910 - 1911||Rev H. B. Atkinson|
|1911 - 1916||Rev S. P. Martin|
|1916 - 1918||Rev A. E. Salisbury|
|1918 - 1924||Rev L. U. Alley|
|1924 -||Rev A. H. Roake|
1. Sixty Years of Progress Parish of Forth and Leven Tasmania Souvenir Booklet LSCP PAM 283.94634 ROA