Freemantle, WA - Scot's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1890
Architect: J.J. Talbot–Hobbs
Last Updated: 12/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The church is constructed from ashlar limestone with red-brick quoins on the buttresses and window edges. The steeply pitched roof is constructed from timber originally with jarrah shingles but most recently with terra cotta tiles. When originally built the church consisted of a nave and an aisle on the north western side; the vestry is at the north-eastern end of the aisle with a connecting tower and porch at the south-western end facing Norfolk Street, which acts as the main entrance.
The Church was designed by Sir J.J. Talbot–Hobbs in an unusual rustic Gothic style and built in 1890 by Petrie and Co. in Fremantle limestone.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2022 -||Rev Stuart Bonnington|
The church pipe organ was built in 1897 by Alfred Fuller of Kew, Victoria, and is one of the last he built before his business closed in 1900. It was delivered and installed in the church prior to 1901.