Freshwater Creek, VIC - St David's Lutheran (21059)
Year Built: 1866
Last Updated: 28/12/2021
History and Architecture:
Designed by R.S. Tutt the church measured 40ft by 20ft in addition to a vestry and porch. Mr W. Crabb was the builder. On 2nd September 1866 the building was dedicated by Pastor Schurmann. The church and grounds have both been classified by the National Trust.
A plaque on the church reads, " 1866 St David's Lutheran Church". A plaque on the stone entrance reads, " To the Glory of God Presented by Mr and Mrs C Baensch in memorial of their darling daughter Margaret Rhoda (RITA) who met with a fatal accident 23rd April 1913 Aged 21 years Till we meet again".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1853 -||Pastor C. W. Schurmann|
|1862 - 1877||Pastor P G. Jacobson|
|1877 - 1882||Pastor J E.G. Bode|
|1883 - 1893||Pastor E C.C. Darsow|
|1893 - 1913||Pastor Louis G Schulze|
|2020 ? -||Pastor Colin Simpkin|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Churches of Geelong and District Vol 2 Pre 1900 Margaret Frewin & Lorraine Phelan